Sunday, June 6, 2010

Planning the next collection

This is my 2nd year of committing to doing what I love. Been busy planning Audry Marie Holiday 2010 Collection Spring 2011. My trip to Los Angeles was useful. I spent majority of my time at downtown LA, specifically 9th Street and Pedro St. It always gives me joy simply looking and touching fabrics....trying to figure out what the content is and how it will move when worn...what style will fit certain fabrics etc. Imagine using a wrinkly fabric for a pair of pants or forgetting to line s dress when the fabric is itch? For every fabric I decide to use, I put a lot of thought to it. Will this work for what I intend to use it for and I always think about how to finish an outfit prior to my cutting any fabric. Taking the time to write down step by step of how you plan to construct a garment is necessary. Imagine finishing the neckline and forgetting to install a zipper till the very end?

I finally settled for some fabric with lycra/spandex and fun colors. Still trying to narrow down my colors...........navy, turquoise,red or wine. We'll see soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment